[Goodies-dev] New features in verve plugin

Isaac Schemm isaacschemm at gmail.com
Sat May 2 01:40:39 CEST 2015

Hello everyone!

I've added several new features to the xfce4-verve-plugin, but before I
make an official release I'd like to see if anyone has any feedback.

New features are:

  *
    Ability to use the verve plugin to run smart bookmarks instead of
    commands
  *
    Support for tilde and variable expansion in directory paths (not
    needed for executable paths, because you can run them through the shell)
  *
    Support for running “normal” commands through your default shell (to
    expand variables and aliases)
  *
    Ability to direct command beginning with ! or \ to DuckDuckGo
    <https://duckduckgo.com>
  *
    Optional label

Note that currently, variable/tilde expansion and use of the shell are
on by default, while DuckduckGo support has to be enabled in the properties.

You can find a couple new screenshots on the wiki
(http://goodies.xfce.org/projects/panel-plugins/xfce4-verve-plugin), and
grab the current source code at git
(http://git.xfce.org/panel-plugins/xfce4-verve-plugin).

Isaac