[Goodies-dev] Simple advice for xfce4-screenshooter improvement

Andrew Anatolevich am2spb at gmail.com
Wed May 7 19:47:45 CEST 2014

Hello, dear authors and commiters of xfce4-screenshooter!
I must say, XFCE Desktop Environment it is an excellent working
environment, which I use for a long time on many working computers.
The xfce4-screenshooter application also is quite comfortable, but
having one unconsidered actions of dialogue...
Imagine, that you need to do a lot of screenshots in a serie, - for
example, it is screenshots of certain workflow, at least OS installing
process...
It is quite clear, that a series of screenshots saved into some once
created and/or selected folder. All screenshots, excludes first
screenshot on the serie, while maintaining not need confirmation to
select the location of folder to save it in the file system. And
therefore constantly appearing dialog - select "Save As..." simply is
very annoying to a person engaged in such work!..
Meanwhile, the programming solution is trivial - well done if the
screenshoter's dialogue (the one where the proposed alternative
methods of using just taken screenshots and presented his thumbs) may
be have an option to indicate for using to save the screenshot to the
location, are continue place in the file system - into the folder,
which was used previously and the screenshots have been already saves
earlier.
So, if below at radiobutton "Save" must be placed the checkbox: "in
the previously chosen folder", - and this checkbox may be programming
tested and uses it as choise alternative of behavior the Screenshoter,
at pressed 'OK' button - then it is usable method and the conflict
will be resolved in the simplest and probably as best way for many
user.
Every active user may have benefit of using this screenshoter, and may
be very grateful, dear programmers!
I hope for your understanding and acceptance of my simple advice.
Sincerely, AMA