[Goodies-dev] xfce4-soundmenu-plugin v0.7.0 realeased.

Matias De lellis mati86_dl at yahoo.com.ar
Fri Aug 1 02:55:36 CEST 2014

What is xfce4-soundmenu-plugin?

===============================

A very basic xfce4-panel plugin to control any players MPRIS2 compatible.

Basically adds four buttons (The Classics Prev, Play/Pause, Stop, Next) to control any player that use mpris2. Optionally you can add the image of the current album to the panel, and can hide the stop button showing the current song info in a tooltip.

In this new release, added a very basic support to control pulseaudio volume. The idea is make it optional later.

Website: https://github.com/matiasdelellis/xfce4-soundmenu-plugin
Downloads: https://github.com/matiasdelellis/xfce4-soundmenu-plugin/releases/tag/v0.7.0

Optional:
 * Libclastfm (http://liblastfm.sourceforge.net/): Allow Scrobble, Love and Unlove in lastfm.
In this way you set up lastfm only in this plugin, and you always have scroble independently of the player you are using.
 * Keybinder: Allow control of players with the multimedia key.
 * Libglyr (https://github.com/sahib/glyr), you will have very easy way to find the lyrics, and artist info of current song.
 * Libnotify, you will get a better information when glyr not found certain information or lastfm fail. The idea is show notifications of change song, and show the same experience regardless of player used, but will in the next versions..

Release notes for 0.7.0
News
    Port to libmpris2client (Developed here, and then moved in its own repository)
    * Add LoopStatus and Shuffle support.
    And another button to control pulseaudio volume. (Depend on gnome-volume-control git submodule)
    Move to Xfce 4.10 or higher. (If it affects someone write me!.)

Bug fixed:
    * D'Oh!. Unlove instead love tacks.
    * D'Oh!. g_thread_unref need glib 2.32 and is useless. ;)
    * Fix seg faul that never reported!. Nobody uses this!??? :S
    * Fix tooltip encoding when the song no has title.

A note about libmpris2client library:

Website: https://github.com/matiasdelellis/libmpris2client
Download: https://github.com/matiasdelellis/libmpris2client/releases/tag/V0.1.0

As a few maybe remember, xfce4-soundmenu-plugin originally was created to control Pragha as an excuse to learn dbus. After continued evolving in the control of mpris2 as a way of check the evolution of this specification at pragha.
I don't want to exceed me whit wthis explication. But after a while I came to the point of having something usable and reusable, therefore, separate it from the code and made a small example showing the features of the library.
Whell, actually, although it is basic, and can improve, I think has a great future. Please, see the example the is very interesting. ;)

Someone want to help?