[Goodies-dev] Advice needed

Miguel Guedes miguel.a.guedes at gmail.com
Tue Jul 3 18:38:59 CEST 2012

Hello All,

Could anyone please provide me with info on how to build the (new?) so
modules that some plugins generate? I've successfully hacked away and
created patches for the netload plugin, which generates an executable,
but some plugins now seem to generate an so module instead? I read
somewhere that there are now external and internal plugins; maybe it is
related to this?

Also, I've so far been working on code straight from git and building
using default settings. What ways are there to have the plugins
make-installed to my current XFCE installation? In other words, as it
is, make installs to /usr/local/share/... and it'd be great to have a
(fairly?) safe way of make-installing and integrating with my current
XFCE installation so as to allow for speedy building and testing.

So far I've been reluctant to try autotools configuration settings as I
use this machine for work too. I'm willing to try anything with advice
from someone who knows their stuff though!

Miguel