[Goodies-dev] Plugins not working with 4.9 panel

Yves-Alexis Perez corsac at debian.org
Tue Apr 3 15:44:55 CEST 2012

Hey,

so I've just started using Xfce 4.10pre1, and some plugins don't work
with the 4.9 panel. Maybe they just need a rebuild, but just in case,
here's a list:

* battery monitor (xfce4-battery-plugin)
* cpu frequency monitor (xfce4-cpufreq-plugin)
* cpu graph (xfce4-cpugraph-plugin)
* dictionary (xfce4-dict)
* disk performance monitor (xfce4-diskperf-plugin)
* free space checker (xfce4-fsguard-plugin)
* generic monitor (xfce4-genmon-plugin)
* keyboard layouts (xfce4-xkb-plugin)
* mails watcher (xfce4-mailwatch-plugin)
* mixer (xfce4-mixer)
* mount devices (xfce4-mount-plugin)
* network monitor (xfce4-netload-plugin)
* network speed monitor (xfce4-netspeed-plugin)
* orage panel clock (orage)
* places (xfce4-places-plugin)
* screenshot (xfce4-screenshooter)
* sensor plugin (xfce4-sensors-plugin)
* system load monitor (xfce4-systemload-plugin)
* verve command line (xfce4-verve-plugin)
* wavelan (xfce4-wavelan-plugin)
* weather update (xfce4-weather-plugin)
* xfce4 timer (xfce4-timer-plugin)

I didn't investigate yet what are the possible cause, I just wanted to
compile a quick list. I'll first try a rebuild against 4.9 libs and
*without* 4.8 libs, just in case. It might be that the fact they are
linked to both libxfce4util6 (through libxfce4panel) and libxfce4util4
(directly).

Regards,
--
Yves-Alexis