[Goodies-dev] [Help Needed for Patch] - Use GTK styles for battery monitor

Mike Massonnet mmassonnet at gmail.com
Sun Oct 31 08:04:35 CET 2010

Hey,

2010/10/31 Jarrad W. <akdor1154 at gmail.com>:
> Hi,
>
> I've just been trying to get the battery monitor plugin to use gtk styles
> instead of modify_bg (this supposedly fixed the lack of colour changes on
> some GTK themes), but to be honest I'm a noob when it comes to C and my code
> is evidently not up to scratch - while it compiles fine, the plugin doesn't
> display. Patch attached - someone want to humour a noob? :)

Replace gtk_style_new() with gtk_widget_get_default_style(). In fact a
GtkStyle has much more than just a background color and I guess the
problem is here.

  http://library.gnome.org/devel/gtk/stable/GtkWidget.html#gtk-widget-get-default-style
  http://library.gnome.org/devel/gtk/stable/GtkStyle.html#GtkStyle-struct

> Cheers,