[Goodies-dev] Can I become the maintainer for these panel plugins?

Kemal Ilgar Eroglu ilgar_eroglu at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 11 11:52:56 CEST 2010

Ok so I'm the guy sopposed to maintain xfce4-timer and xfce4-xmms  plugins.
xfce4-timer is a pretty simple thing, so I didn't feel any need  to do anything
on it. However I wrote to Jannis (twice) some months  ago. There has been huge
contributions to the xmms plugin code by other  developers indeed, and I wanted
to hand over the maintainership to one  of them, and asked Jannis to open up an
account for him, but apparently  he was busy and didn't return. So xmms-plugin
is not unmaintained, in  fact it is deprecated and will be replaced by the
xfce4-playercontrol  plugin, which can (potentially) support any media player
with a d-bus interface. A beta code is already in the goodies page, but I was
waiting the reply from Jannis to upload the most up-to-date code. So could we
open up a new goodie branch xfce4-playercontrol-plugin now?  I'd like to have
git access to that one too, but I will also notify the  other contributor so
that he can join (if he is still interested).

Best,
Ilgar