[Goodies-dev] Can I become the maintainer for these panel plugins?

Florian Rivoal frivoal at gmail.com
Sat Oct 9 17:50:23 CEST 2010

>> xfce4-battery-plugin:       Seems unmaintained, many reported bugs
>
> This one is supposed to be ported to hal (upower?) and/or merged with
> xfce4-power-manager, though I'm not sure about Ali's plans.

Personally, I use xfce4-power-manager, and agree that it should replace
xfce4-battery-plugin in most cases. I would probably decline most feature
enhancement requests, and redirect people to xfce4-power-manager if
xfce4-battery-plugin isn't good enough for them. But xfce4-battery-plugin
is a working, simple plugin, so if possible, we should try to keep it that
way. Bug fixes (13 of the 21 bugs come with a patch), translation updates,
and (if I have time or someone gives patches) porting to upower seem worth
doing and releasing.