[Goodies-dev] new xfce panel plugin "switcher" for Xfce 4.4

santran.cedric at neuf.fr santran.cedric at neuf.fr
Fri Sep 11 14:04:20 CEST 2009

Hello,

I'm new on this list, so presentation. I'm a french developer (excuse me for my poor english) and since a few time i use Xfce on Xubuntu 8.04.
For my purpose, I have made a little panel plugin: switcher.

If you agree, how can i push this on your repository?
I don't have write the documentation but comming soon.
Translation is just for french in the first time.

Please test it and give me your impressions and critics.
Initials needs:
I use a "made by hand" script for enable/disable services on the firewall. This script take one argument: start or stop. It was usefull if i can use this script without opening a terminal and typing command line. The goals of switcher is to made this easily for the Xfce Desktop.

Switcher:
        * User can easily set the start, stop and restart (optional) commands in the configuration panel.
        * In the sameway, the user can change the start and stop default icons.
        * Like a states engine, switcher have 4 state:
                - START
                - STOP
                - RESTART
                - BREAK
          switch between state is in accordance of the good execution of the state related commands defined by the user.

        * Right click on the plugin for toggle between states.
        * Middle click on the plugin for restart (if restart is activated).

Package:
        xfce4-switcher-plugin-0.0.1.tar.gz made with Xfce Dev Tools on Xubuntu 8.04.

Install:
        Just type:
        $ ./configure
        $ make && make install