[Goodies-dev] ANN: xfce4-power-manager version 0.8.0RC2 released

Ali Abdallah aliov at xfce.org
Tue May 19 23:03:22 CEST 2009

Yves-Alexis Perez wrote:
> On mar, 2009-05-19 at 22:39 +0200, Ali Abdallah wrote:
>
>> More details, what is the output in the terminal, i didn't change
>> anything in the OSD!
>>

> No output if I run without --no-daemon, and it works with --no-daemon (I
> only get a message about no convenient governors, while I sure have
> them, but anyway).

To make sure about the governors, try to invoke the hal cpu interface by:

dbus-send --system --print-reply --dest=org.freedesktop.Hal
/org/freedesktop/Hal/devices/computer
org.freedesktop.Hal.Device.CPUFreq.GetCPUFreqAvailableGovernors

> Cheers,

Cheers,

Send unlimited messages for free to all destinations with DBus.

http://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Software/dbus