[Goodies-dev] git repository layout

Ali Abdallah aliov at xfce.org
Sat May 16 22:48:55 CEST 2009

Brian J. Tarricone wrote:
> Hey all,
>
> So I feel like I'm mentally doing a 180 here.
>
> Originally I was very much in favor of dispensing with the separate
> xfce and goodies repositories, and having a big flat namespace in the
> new git repo with everything in the root.

I strongly vote for having xfce and goodies separated, for the reasons
that you've mention, and for many others also.

The way it is now it is just fine, and we never had any problem related
to this, however i have two questions that i already asked them but i
didn't get an answer.

1) The version number in the packages names, is going to stay and
changes from a major release to another 4, 6, ... ?
2) How do we decide which package goes to xfce and which one goes to the
goodies?

A comment for 2, i see mousepad and xarchiver and others there! which
don't look like a core application, for my point of view of course.

Cheers,
Ali.

--
Send unlimited messages for free to all destinations with DBus.

http://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Software/dbus