[Goodies-dev] xfce4-battery don't update charge level

Andrwe Lord Weber lord-weber-andrwe at renona-studios.org
Tue Mar 17 10:40:52 CET 2009

Ali Abdallah schrieb:
> Andrwe Lord Weber wrote:
>> Hi all,
>> I'm using xfce4-4.6.0 on Gentoo.
>> The panel-plugins xfce4-battery and -power-manager don't update there
>> charging level automatically.
>> ACPI is active in the kernel and if I'm reading the state manually
>> with "cat /proc/acpi/battery/BAT0/state" both plugins update thier
>> values.
>>
> Not sure if i understand what you exactly mean here, please provide
> more details.
I meant the plugins show a charging level of 99% if fully loaded
although I'm working on battery mode until I use the given command to
see the real chargment.
After using it both plugins update their percentage once.
It is also updated if I plug in/out the cable.
>> Although the left time of charging and decharging is to high, e.g. if
>> my battery is fully charged they say I can work for 27 hours.
>>
>> xfce4-battery-version: 0.5.1
>> xfce4-power-manager-version: 0.6.4
>>
> Very strange, at least in the power manager, since we read this
> information from hald, and we don't accept any estimated time greater
> than 8 hours!

The 27 hours are shown by the battery-plugin. How can I see the time
using power-manager?
>> Regards,
>> Andrwe
> Regards,