[Goodies-dev] Help for debugging a GIO issue with xfce4-screenshooter

Jérôme Guelfucci jerome.guelfucci at gmail.com
Thu Mar 12 18:44:44 CET 2009

Hello,

I ported Xfce4 Screenshooter to use GIO to be able to save screenshots
to remote locations. Unfortunately, the function to copy a screenshot to
a remote location does not work: the copying does not even start and no
error or warning is reported.

I created a testing code sample which uses the same code and I get a
neasty segfault, gdb and core dump do no give be any helpful indication.
I don't really understand why it segfaults here and not in Xfce4
Screenshooter. It seems I'm not using g_file_copy_async correctly in
both cases...

The code for the test is available here:
http://pocentek.net/~jeromeg/code/test.c . The code in Xfce4
Screenshooter is available in trunk.

If someone has an idea or a hint on what I'm doing wrong, he is more
than welcome! Thanks in advance!

Cheers,

Jérôme