[Goodies-dev] Accounts for the new release manager

Nick Schermer nickschermer at gmail.com
Wed Jul 22 14:44:03 CEST 2009

2009/7/22 Jannis Pohlmann <jannis at xfce.org>:
> On Wed, 22 Jul 2009 12:50:22 +0200
> Enrico Tröger <enrico.troeger at uvena.de> wrote:
>
>> On Wed, 22 Jul 2009 12:42:41 +0200, Nick wrote:
>>
>> >Another point. Can we change passwords? Looked at the code and it
>> >seems the config file contains hard-coded sha1 hashes right? Maybe it
>> >can use the mocha passwords, the ones we can modify at
>> >https://xfce.org/.
>>
>> +1.
>>
>> It's annoying to have separate passwords for each service :(.
>
> It's not too difficult to make moka read the passwords from that https
> auth file. But AFAIK we'll use SSH for the git accounts, so that will
> change once again anyway.

Just let apache handle that, that shouldn't be too hard right? Noone
needs access to the https page for anything else then managing
releases. You can then read the login username for the permissions.
Just like you did with the old release manager. Add a link to
https://xfce.org/cgi-bin/user_manage for changing passwords and voila.

Nick