[Goodies-dev] Accounts for the new release manager

Mike Massonnet mmassonnet at gmail.com
Wed Jul 22 14:00:28 CEST 2009

2009/7/22 Nick Schermer <nickschermer at gmail.com>:
> Looked though it, some (possible) points for improvement:
>
> * I assume the links are appended to the message? Small piece of text
> to remind us about this would be nice.
>
> * Maybe for the future we can work with some default templates for the
> messages. IMHO that makes the whole thing a lot more professional. I'm
> thinking of a combo box with a paste button that puts some text in the
> message field (if empty) and separate messages for unstable releases
> (A new <product> release <version> is now available. This is a
> development release leading up to a stable <even version> release),
> stable releases, goodies, etc. Some structure in the whole thing so we
> can get rid of the "Hi folks, today i got some time to release a new
> version of the Xfce4-panel, quite neat hû?"

+1

Also:
* Be able to edit a description per project that can be inserted
automatically in the message.

* Have a page like the goodies-maintainers page perhaps, that kind of
page is something humans don't have to maintain.

Back to the accounts, cause this was slightly off-topic, regarding the
goodies, many applications have translations update in vcs but lack a
release for a long time. Is it concivable to have a special user that
is allowed to make releases for these projects?

Mike