[Goodies-dev] xfce4-weather-plugin stopped working for multiple distributions.

Colin Leroy colin at xfce.org
Wed Jul 8 09:09:18 CEST 2009

On Wed, 08 Jul 2009 08:52:16 +0200, Marko Oreskovic wrote:

Hi,

> It seems that xfce4-weather-plugin stopped working in more then one
> distribution.
>
> Why is that and how to fix that in stable releases?
> Is it stop functioning because service providing weather data is not
> accepting `calls` anymore or for some other reason?

$ curl
'http://xoap.weather.com/weather/local/FRXX0099?cc=*&dayf=5&unit=m'
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1"?> <error> <err
type="14">Missing XOAP 'link' parameter in request.</err> </error>

It looks like they now deny access to clients with no API key, which
was the case for our weather plugin until recently. 0.6.3 is the first
version where I've added more compliance to their EULA, and 0.6.3 or
greater works.

Nice timing, from my point of view: I commited that less than one month
ago!

Packagers will have to either update to 0.6.3 or 0.7.0 (I'd suggest
0.7.0) or just get the patch from SVN:

http://svn.xfce.org/index.cgi/goodies?view=revision&revision=7533

HTH.
--