[Goodies-dev] // One-Line Comments

Kok, Auke sofar at foo-projects.org
Fri Jan 9 19:22:02 CET 2009

Nick Schermer wrote:
> 2009/1/8 David Collins <david.8.collins at gmail.com>:
>> Unfortunately, people on this list that have seen your reaction below, will
>> be unlikely to ask questions or raise ideas for discussion in future.
>
> ...and if they don't see the fun of such a reply, they better keep the
> question to their self...
>
> Seriously, Auke answers a lot of questions on this ml and since we're
> all human sometimes someone else may find the reply offensive others
> funny (+1). So, better thank him because you got your answer (in his
> first reply) within 20 minutes!

it's ok :)

I'm not a native english speaker and I have noticed that on many occasions, people
read what I write in english completely differently than what I mean to express.

That does mean that I have to insert more smileys and rofl lol zomg pwnies!!!

Seriously, coding style discussions are a terrible trap. While the best thing for
Xfce is that everyone uses the same style as much as possible, it's also good for
developers to go off and do their own thing that makes them feel happy and write
good-working code.

This is a bit of a balance there needs to be, and I did not express my concern
properly that I fear that people will go off and push the scale off to another
side completely...

I probably should refrain from making references to 'mommy' though ;)

Auke