[Goodies-dev] Clipman plugin news

Mike Massonnet mmassonnet at gmail.com
Fri Jan 9 02:13:40 CET 2009

Hi,

I just commited one of my work I started a few weeks ago on the clipman
plugin.  It was missing a history, so it was like useless cause it
wouldn't show anything in the menu, and neither was it storing the
content :)  But that's fixed, I made it save the content and display it
inside the menu.

The code I'm talking about is a full rewrite using GObjects and
Xfconf.  If you are interested in this piece of code, just have a look
at the main file panel-plugin.c to see how easy the properties are
binded to xfconf, and thus already set-able with xfconf-query while
there is no properties dialog yet.

From a user perspective, it does what was discussed with the current
rewrite of trunk.  It displays one unique list of texts, ignoring the
selections by default, and it stores images.  This makes the plugin
simpler to use.

The rewrite needs xfconf 4.5.92, which is why it is targeted for Xfce
4.6.  I will make a release of the trunk in a few days, which contains
meaningful changes, and a fix to prevent it from destroying images when
they are copied to the clipboard.

Cheers
Mike

svn co http://svn.xfce.org/svn/goodies/xfce4-clipman-plugin/branches/xfce-4-6/ clipman-plugin