[Goodies-dev] Another GDK Question

David Collins david.8.collins at gmail.com
Thu Jan 1 04:03:45 CET 2009

I have a function that is fired off when the clipboard owner changes.

I need to know which application changed the clipboard.

The event structure that is accessible within the function includes
'window' that  is 'the window which received the event'.
Hopefully this is the window from where the change happened.

typedef struct {

  GdkEventType type;
  GdkWindow *window;
  gint8 send_event;
  GdkNativeWindow owner;
  GdkOwnerChange reason;
  GdkAtom selection;
  guint32 time;
  guint32 selection_time;
} GdkEventOwnerChange;

The trouble is I can't find any way of getting the title of the GdkWindow from the doco (and googling) ...

http://library.gnome.org/devel/gdk/stable/gdk-Windows.html#GdkWindowTypeHint

Do any of you know how to get the title of a GdkWindow?