[Goodies-dev] battery plugins

Yves-Alexis Perez corsac at debian.org
Tue Feb 24 00:21:29 CET 2009

On lun, 2009-02-23 at 22:58 +0000, bugzilla-daemon at xfce.org wrote:
> Brian J. Tarricone <bjt23 at cornell.edu> changed:
> I don't run xfpm since it doesn't give
> me anything I don't already have, so...  I prefer the battery plugin).

I'm taking this out of the bug since it doesn't really belong there.

Basically, I see three needs here:
- legacy battery plugin
- hal-based battery plugin for people wanting to use hal but which don't
want a power manager
- xfpm battery plugin for people using xfpm but wanting a power manager
with a clear display, like the battery plugin currently do.

xfpm battery plugin should be in xfpm package, I'm not sure about the
two other (one or two packages, I mean).

And three plugins for the battery management may be a little too much,
especially since the current one has not seen a release since quite some
time, doesn't support sysfs stuff (there's an uncommited patch lying
somewhere) and is basically unmaintained. hal_based branch works fine
but is not trunk and has seen no release.

What are people thoughts on this?

Cheers,
--
Yves-Alexis