[Goodies-dev] Xfce power manager and DeviceKit-power!

Ali Abdallah aliov at xfce.org
Mon Feb 23 08:50:22 CET 2009

Hi all,

You may already know that Devicekit is going further to replace HAL ( i
guess ) , for this i just want to have your opinions about porting the
Power manager to use DeviceKit power (gnome power manager have been
already ported).

I have started a DeviceKit-power based version of the power manager on
my local svn server to exploit the usage of DeviceKit-power, i have
notice the following:

1)-A lot of power management information can be collected from
DeviceKit-power, this simplify a lot xfce power manager.
2)-DeviceKit-power is a system bus daemon, all the work are done only
once (not per user session).

Please comments!

Cheers,
Ali.