[Goodies-dev] xfce4-hdaps

Michael Orlitzky michael at orlitzky.com
Tue Feb 10 08:11:44 CET 2009

(Cross-posted to hdaps-devel and goodies-dev at xfce.org)

I wrote an XFCE4 panel plugin to display the current HDAPS state on
IBM/Lenovo Thinkpads. For the XFCE guys, HDAPS is that thing that tells
you when your laptop has launched itself across the room:

http://michael.orlitzky.com/code/xfce4-hdaps.php

It relies on tp_smapi (I think), hdapsd, and I'm claiming kernel 2.6.28
or greater. Gentoo users, check out the hdaps-overlay link near the top
for xfce4-hdaps and hdapsd ebuilds.

My GTK skills are somewhat regrettable, so if anyone has
questions/comments/personal insults, I'd be happy to hear them.

Direct:

git clone http://michael.orlitzky.com/git/xfce4-hdaps.git

Gitweb:

http://michael.orlitzky.com/git/?p=xfce4-hdaps.git;a=summary