[Goodies-dev] Parole

Jannis Pohlmann jannis at xfce.org
Wed Aug 19 04:30:47 CEST 2009

Hey Ali,

I just tried parole for the first time, and I have to say I'm
impressed! I didn't expect it to be so functional at this point. Really
nice.

A few things that occured to me though:

  - the 'Help' menu button is not placed so well in the upper right
    corner of the window. You can easily hit the close button if all
    you want is some help

  - a little padding/margin here and there would do the interface good.
    Maybe have a look at the GNOME HIG on
    http://library.gnome.org/devel/hig-book/stable/ and our slightly
    modified margins used in the settings dialogs

  - it's always a good thing to align similar elements in the GUI (for
    instance the font and encoding selection buttons in the settings
    dialog). I generally recommend reading up on grid-based layouts on
    the internat (there was a PDF entitled 'Grids are good' or
    something; forgot the URL)

Other than that ... sweet! I'm currently compiling GStreamer plugins to
see if it can play movies with subtitles.

  - Jannis