[Goodies-dev] New: Stock Ticker Plugin for xfce-panel

Mike Massonnet mmassonnet at gmail.com
Thu Aug 13 15:46:47 CEST 2009

Hi Kevin,

2009/8/13 Kevin DuBois <kdub432 at gmail.com>:
> Hey all,
>
> I've been wanting a stock ticker plugin for the panel for a while, so I wrote
> one. :) It still needs a bit of tweaking, but what software doesn't? ;)
>
> Here's a screencap:
> http://www.viddler.com/explore/kdubois/videos/11/
>
> You can get the source from:
> http://kdubois.net/stock_ticker.tar.gz
>
> It needs libcurl (for downloading the data from Yahoo! Finance), and
> libclutter-gtk (0.8) for the animation.

The dependencies are a little "new". Fine for libcurl, but for clutter
I had recommend to make that an optional dependency (now I'm unsure if
this optional dep should default to true or false). If it is false it
is up to the packagers to activate it. For this to be noticed you
would simply need a summary at the end of the configure script.
Regarding Clutter, it isn't used currently in any of the projects
hosted by Xfce.

Mike