[Goodies-dev] ANN: xfce4-power-manager version 0.8.0beta1 released

Yves-Alexis Perez corsac at debian.org
Mon Apr 20 09:30:08 CEST 2009

On lun, 2009-04-20 at 09:25 +0200, Ali Abdallah wrote:
> Can you provide specific steps to cause a crash for xfpm! and to have
> multiple instances running.

Hard lock and shut-down with button or sysrq-keys. Basically, really
unclean shutdown. I might try with kill -9 too (on xfpm or
xfce4-session).

> > I think xfsettingsd had the same kind of problem so you might want
> > look at it.
> >

> The thing is i'm not able to reproduce the problem, i have different
> setups and none of them is giving problem, probably you could tell me
> your setup and then i try to reproduce here.

Nothing really wrong I think. I already tried to clean my session cache
of all xfpm related stuff. Then restarted it. I do a lot of xfpm runs
and quits due to my testings of various features, patches etc. So I
don't know the session state at everytime, but basically I guess it
appears in the session cache _and_ is started by autostarted stuff.
--
Yves-Alexis