[Goodies-dev] Power manager 0.8.0alpha2

Mike Massonnet mmassonnet at gmail.com
Wed Apr 8 13:08:41 CEST 2009

2009/4/8 Ali Abdallah <aliov at xfce.org>:
> Mike Massonnet wrote:
>>
>> 2009/4/4 Ali Abdallah <aliov at xfce.org>:
>>

>>> Hi,
>>>

>> Hi Ali,
>>

>>> This is a second alpha release of the version 0.8
>>>

>> I left a mail in the other thread about buttons and luminosity. In
>> fact they don't work on my Acer Aspire One. For the luminosity I have
>> no clue (I guess it works from the hardware...). For the buttons, I
>> tweaked a script provided by Debian (/etc/acpi/powerbtn.sh) to check
>> if xfce4-power-manager is running. I did so but then xfpm doesn't
>> notice when I press the power button. Yves-Alexis let me know that
>> when I press the power button, someone (the kernel) has to send a
>> message to hal.
>>
>> Tho, I tried gnome-power-manager just before, and it works fine if I
>> press the power button. Even the "ask me the question" is working fine
>> (good job Brian!) :-)

The gnome power manager has a combo box with several actions when the
power button is pressed, and "ask me the question" is one of them. It
pops up the logout prompt of xfce4-session.

> If these buttons works with gnome-power-manager than they will work after a
> re-add the HAL button events, for now i just use X11 buttons. But to make
> sure you can run lshal -m and press those buttons (brightness, sleep, .... )
> and see if they generate events.

13:01:30.691: computer_logicaldev_input condition ButtonPressed = power

I get nothing if I press the sleep button, or the brightness buttons.

Mike