[Goodies-dev] Power manager 0.8.0alpha2

Mike Massonnet mmassonnet at gmail.com
Wed Apr 8 01:33:33 CEST 2009

2009/4/4 Ali Abdallah <aliov at xfce.org>:
> Hi,

Hi Ali,

> This is a second alpha release of the version 0.8

I left a mail in the other thread about buttons and luminosity. In
fact they don't work on my Acer Aspire One. For the luminosity I have
no clue (I guess it works from the hardware...). For the buttons, I
tweaked a script provided by Debian (/etc/acpi/powerbtn.sh) to check
if xfce4-power-manager is running. I did so but then xfpm doesn't
notice when I press the power button. Yves-Alexis let me know that
when I press the power button, someone (the kernel) has to send a
message to hal.

Tho, I tried gnome-power-manager just before, and it works fine if I
press the power button. Even the "ask me the question" is working fine
(good job Brian!) :-)

Mike