[Goodies-dev] Xfce power manager version 0.8.0alpha is ready for testing

Mike Massonnet mmassonnet at xfce.org
Tue Apr 7 21:34:45 CEST 2009

Le Sat, 04 Apr 2009 15:55:27 +0200,
Yves-Alexis Perez <corsac at debian.org> a écrit :

> On sam, 2009-04-04 at 15:47 +0200, Yves-Alexis Perez wrote:
> > On sam, 2009-04-04 at 13:00 +0200, Ali Abdallah wrote:
> > > >
> > > I need more information, since i'm not able to reproduce the
> > > problem here, which version of libnotify you have as well as the
> > > notification daemon running (which one by the way).
> >
> > Ok, I've just retried with alpha2. When I plug or unplug the
> > laptop, the notification “System is running on” is displayed, and
> > doesn't disappear.
> >
> > I'm using xfce4-notifyd 0.1.0 and libnotify 0.4.5.
>
> xfce4-notifyd consider critical urgency notifications to not expire,
> but looking at the code plug/unplug should not be urgency critical.
> Btw, unplugging the laptop shows the message but not plugging it.
> Maybe you only detect the charging/uncharging state (and my laptop
> doesn't automatically charge when plugged in).

Yes, xfce4-notifyd leaves important notifications around. Anyway, wrt
to notifications I have some remarks. Most of them are useless, the
only notification I see to be essential is when you are like 5% or 5min
before the state of critical battery. When you plug/unplug why not, at
least you know the cable isn't broken and plugged-in at both sides :)

And now being off-topic, I have a Acer Aspire One with Debian on it,
and it seems I'm not able to use xfpm to set the actions for the power
and sleep button, neither is it able to set the luminosity(?) of the
netbook. For the luminosity I guess it works like some other laptops
out-of-the-box from the hardware, but for the buttons I guess I have
acpi scripts from Debian that do the job instead (at least for the power
button).

Mike