[Goodies-dev] How to initialize XfceDesktopEntry?

Hakan Erduman hakan at erduman.de
Mon Oct 27 23:45:32 CET 2008

Please have a look at this code:

static const char *dotDesktopCategories [] =
{
    N_("All"),
    N_("Core"),
    N_("Development"),
    N_("Office"),
    N_("Graphics"),
    N_("Network"),
    N_("AudioVideo"),
    N_("Game"),
    N_("Education"),
    N_("System"),
    N_("Filemanager"),
    N_("Utility"),
    NULL
};

void mpdPopulateClient(GList *list, const gchar *name) {
    XfceDesktopEntry *info = xfce_desktop_entry_new(
	name, dotDesktopCategories, 7);
    if(info) {
        LOG("Found MPD Client: ");
        LOG(xfce_desktop_entry_get_file (info));
        LOG("\n");
        g_object_unref (info);
    }
    else {
        LOG("Not found: ");
        LOG(name);
        LOG("\n");
    }
}
void mpdPopulateClientList()
{
    GList *list = g_list_alloc ();
    mpdPopulateClient(list,
	"/usr/share/applications/gmpc.desktop");
    mpdPopulateClient(list,
	"/usr/share/applications/sonata.desktop");
}

both files I call from mpdPopulateClientList exist on my system, yet
the output is always Not found. What am I doing wrong?

wkr,

herd