[Goodies-dev] New Member

Christian Dywan christian at twotoasts.de
Thu Mar 27 00:05:10 CET 2008

Am Wed, 26 Mar 2008 22:44:21 +0000
schrieb Erlend Davidson <E.R.M.Davidson at sms.ed.ac.uk>:

> Iraklis Karagkiozoglou wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I am Iraklis Karagkizoglou.
> > I am 15 years old. I am a student. I know C and i am going to learn
> > c++. I would like to help develop applications for xfce. Tell me
> > were do you think i could be useful.
> Something a bit simpler: handle compressed formats as folders (like
> windows does with zip archives).  When I click to open a
> *.{zip|tar.*|rar} file the contents should display, and be
> thumbnailed (and so on), using Thunar.
>
> Might want to check that this isn't going to be part of GVfs though.

That is not something that belongs in Thunar. Like you said either in
GVfs, which in my opinion is actually the best idea, or alternatively
in Fuse, although I think there is already something like that.

You could even look into general GVfs support in Thunar which as such
would be a pretty cool task imho now that I think of it.
Also Thunar needs an extension interface, after GVfs this is my
personal favorite when it comes to Thunar deveopment.

Yours,
    Christian