[Goodies-dev] xfce4-wavelan-plugin: improved FreeBSD support

Carl Johan Gustavsson carl.gustavsson at bahnhofbredband.se
Sat Jan 19 23:27:31 CET 2008

Hi devs!

The current xfce4-wavelan-plugin does not work on FreeBSD 7.x (don't
even compile due to some API that was deprecated) and on 6.x/5.x it only
supports a few devices. Therefore I've updated the code in the plugin
that's used on FreeBSD >6.0. I've tested it on 6.x with a Intel 2200BG
card (iwi-driver in FreeBSD). I've compile-tested it on 7.x and *should*
work properly. For FreeBSD version pre 6.0 the old code still is in use
since I've not had the opportunity to test the new code on 5.x.

Because the new code for FreeBSD is quite different from the original
*BSD-code I made a separate source-file for it.

Then a problem with the build arose because I had to change Makefile.am.
The PNG-images are broken and the build process can't generate a new
inline-icons.h. The solution to that is either to touch inline-icons.h
or disconnect it from the build. My automake-foo is nonexistent so I
choose the simple solution for my testing. But this probably should be
fixed properly when a new release is made of the plugin.

The code is attached as a diff on the panel-plugin-dir.

Please test and comment.

Regards,
Carl Johan Gustavsson