[Goodies-dev] Thunar: Emblems

Erlend Davidson E.R.M.Davidson at sms.ed.ac.uk
Wed Jan 2 13:07:02 CET 2008

On 1 Jan 2008, at 19:11, Peter de Ridder wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm working on the Thunar SVN Plugin and I think it would be nice
> to have SVN emblems showing the status of files.
>
> As I could see, there is no "provider" for this. I know Thunar
> stores the manual emblems in a tdb, but manipulating this to get
> the emblems right, would be much work, and Thunar doesn't see the
> runtime changes to the database.
>
> Is there, or going to be, a way to make it work (nice way or trick
> it).

AFAIK there is not a clean way of doing this - so it is probably
better to leave this feature out from your program until there is.
In the meantime you could add a context menu item to the folder right-
click menu which shows the SVN status of all files in that folder.

There were discussions about using a tagging system (like leaftag /
tracker) and basing the emblems on the tags.  If they implemented
this it would solve your problem.  I think however they are waiting
until gvfs is out (that's a guess though).

Regards,

Erlend