[Goodies-dev] wavelan

Landry Breuil landry.breuil at gmail.com
Tue Aug 5 10:18:31 CEST 2008

On Tue, Aug 5, 2008 at 9:22 AM, Jan Vansteenkiste <xfce at buitendezone.be> wrote:
> Christian Dywan wrote:
>> Am Tue, 5 Aug 2008 00:33:43 +0200
>> schrieb Johan Slikkie van der Slikke <johan at slikkie.nl>:
>>
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> Everyone who is using the xfce4-wavelan-plugin knows what I am
>>> talking about when I say it looks not that beautiful. So when I
>>> started learning myself C last week my first project was restyling
>>> the wavelan plugin. Now I'm glad to announce the result at
>>> http://home.kliksafe.nl/m.vanderslikke/pub/xfce4-wavelan-plugin.tar.gz.
>>>
>>> I had contact with Benedikt Meurer who told me he was not maintaining
>>> the plugin anymore so I hope you can tell me if the result is worthy
>>> to release and how to do that. I made a whole tarball because my
>>> changes affected many files. But if you want, I can try to make
>>> patches.
>>>
>>> Greetings,
>>>
>>> Slikkie
>>
>> I just tried to build the tarball, unfortunately that attempt ended with
>>
>> /usr/bin/ld: i386 architecture of input file
>> `xfce4_wavelan_plugin-wi_bsd.o' is incompatible with i386:x86-64 output
>> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
>>
>> My kernel is something like this
>>
>> 2.6.25-ARCH #1 SMP PREEMPT 2008 x86_64
>>
>> I haven't really had time to investigate, just figured I'd let you know.
>>
>> I'm looking forward to the redesign, since I don't like the current
>> wavelan plugin at all, to be honest.
>>
>> ciao,
>>     Christian
>>

> I got it compiling by removing all the references to *bsd.* files from
> the Makefiles.
>
> I'm getting some errors when I enable signal quality colors though:
>
> (xfce4-wavelan-plugin:15986): GLib-GObject-CRITICAL *
> n `G_IS_OBJECT (object)' failed

Can you get in touch with me (landry -.- xfce -.- org) , to avoid
duplicating efforts ? I took over maintenance recently and fixed
various things in OpenBSD support, so i'd be glad to integrate your
patches.. provided that it doesn't break the existing code. What did
you take as basis work your work ? 0.5.4 release ? svn ?
In the meantime i'll try to have a look at your patches/distfile.

Landry