[Goodies-dev] fsguard: Added bar display and further improvements

Robert Lange robert.lange at s1999.tu-chemnitz.de
Wed Oct 3 22:25:49 CEST 2007

Hi,

About one year ago I wrote in this place that I am adding a free space
bar graph to the fsguard plugin. I also asked for access to SVN, but
somehow it got lost.
Anyway, now I am finished with the modification I want to do and
wondering how would be the best way to proceed.

Major improvements are:
* Add bar display to visualise amount of left disk space
* Optionally display free space in panel
* Tooltip also shows disk capacity, not only left space

You can find the code and some more comments at
http://sethdepot.org/xfce4-fsguard-plugin-rola/
It is based on the source code version (0.3.99, SVN revision 3285)

Main problem is of course that it's only tested to a certain extend - by
myself on two computers.
So from my point of view more testing is needed before it is ready for
production release :-)
Any suggestions what's the best way to get the patch into the project?
When there are some documentation about the process, kindly point me to it.

Thanks,
Robert