[Goodies-dev] ANN: xfce4-modemlights-plugin version 0.1.4 RC released

Landry Breuil landry.breuil at gmail.com
Thu Nov 22 14:01:04 CET 2007

On Nov 14, 2007 1:36 AM, Christoph Wickert
<christoph.wickert at nurfuerspam.de> wrote:

> Am Montag, den 12.11.2007, 09:54 +0100 schrieb mmassonnet at gmail.com:
> > On Mon, Nov 12, 2007 at 09:36:19AM +0100, Christoph Wickert wrote:
> >
> > Hi Christoph,
> >
> > > Am Donnerstag, den 08.11.2007, 08:41 +0000 schrieb
> > > mike.massonnet at gmail.com:

> > > By most distributions? AFAIC only Debian-based distributions come with
> > > these scripts. Why not use ifup/ifdown?
> >
> > I wrote too fast, you can use whatever connect/disconnect script you
> > want, just check out the website[0].
>
> I know :) I maintained the modemlights plugin for Fedora an patched it
> to use ifup/ifdown by default.
>
> Nice to see modemlights is back again, should be available in Fedora
> soon.

Seems to work fine on OpenBSD, but is it possible to add :
#include <sys/types.h>
#include <sys/socket.h>
just before #include <net/if.h> in panel-plugin.c ? This fixes a
trivial compilation problem..

Anyway, i'll probably patch source in our tree to make it less
debian-oriented, as we use
ppp -ddial and pkill ppp :)

Landry