[Goodies-dev] use of gtk progress bar in panel plugins

Petr Zelenka zelenp at gmail.com
Mon Nov 5 20:18:43 CET 2007

On 11/5/07, Yves-Alexis Perez <corsac at corsac.net> wrote:
> Disabling animations helped a lot (but I still think progress bars aren't the
> best way to display this kind of information. Problem is that I don't really
> have a better idea)

Hi,

And what do you think about a set of icons, where each of them would
represent some kind of interval. Having five different icons, we could
cover intervals <0; 20), <20;40), ..., <80;100>. I am sure you see the
point. In case you need more precise information about the remaining
capacity, you could use text displaying remaining capacity in percents
(either in permanent form next to the icon or in the form of
tool-tip).

Cheers,
Petr