[Goodies-dev] Goodie releases with 4.4.0

Jannis Pohlmann jannis at xfce.org
Sun Jan 21 16:43:36 CET 2007

On Wed, 17 Jan 2007 22:03:42 +0000, James Westby wrote:

> On (16/01/07 10:10), Nick Schermer wrote:
> > Since we're still aiming to release Xfce 4.4.0 this weekend, I'd
> > like to know which goodies are ready for a final release. I'll also
> > create a new goodies installer, so please tell me which version of
> > your goodies is ready for 4.4.0.
> > If you have time to do a version bump and release the goodie
> > yourself it would be great, if you don't have time for this, drop
> > the new version number and I'll create/upload/tag and release the
> > tarball together with 4.4.0.
>
> Hi Nick,
>
> I'm a bit late to the party but I've just done a 0.5.4 release of
> xfce4-wavelan-plugin. I've never done a release properly before, so I
> have just uploaded tarballs to
>
> http://jameswestby.net/debian/xfce4-wavelan-plugin-0.5.4.tar.gz
> http://jameswestby.net/debian/xfce4-wavelan-plugin-0.5.4.tar.bz2
>
> and tagged the release in svn.
>
> If I could do something better in future please let me know.

You could, by using the release manager on

  http://goodies.xfce.org/release-manager/

with the goodies account I just sent to your eMail address. This
account also gives you access to the goodies wiki, which you might want
to use to add a nice presentation for your plugin on

  http://goodies.xfce.org/projects/panel-plugins/xfce4-wavelan-plugin

Otherwise, it will be hard to make others aware of your plugin.

Regards,
  Jannis