[Goodies-dev] Who is feeling responsible for the fsguard-plugin?

Robert Lange robert.lange at s1999.tu-chemnitz.de
Sat Jan 20 16:04:01 CET 2007

(Moved mail from xfce-goodies-dev at lists.berlios.de here)

Hi Mike and Stefan,

Sorry for re-posting (and putting you on "To") but I got no reply yet.

Mike Massonnet wrote:
>> I want to improve (i.e. already started with it) the fsguard plugin with
>> two features:
>> - Display remaining space as text in panel (as option)
>> - Allow usage of free-space bar graph instead of "colored box"
> I already started this, however I stopped at the "orientation" stuff, I
> will need to get a clean head on this.
So we're both working on the same <g>
I started last vacation, and it's maybe half finished. But currently no
time to continue, but I am planning to do so whenever I come to it.
How far did you got with your modifications?

Mike Massonnet wrote:
> However, as I am short at time, go ahead and post your patch on the
> goodies-dev ml.  BTW this ml (@berlios.de) is outdated.
Unfortunately not that far yet.
My idea was to get svn access, create a branch and start committing my
work there. In sidesteps I also changed some other things and I would
dislike to prepare a huge patch which nobody understands anymore (not
even me). Also I am a first-timer to xfce work, therefore I am not
over-confident to avoid any mistakes.
Nick told me I should get in contact with sofar for this, do you have
any comments on this approach?

Stefan Ott wrote:
> Sorry, I'm one of the mentioned authors but was rather busy these last
> days. If you feel like maintaining the plugin, just go ahead. I mainly
> jumped in to prevent it from getting orphaned and am not particularly
> keen on supporting yet another project. If you're not interested, I
> would however be willing to keep doing it.
Same for me, being busy. I would first try to get my change done and
maybe then (if nobody better suited will take this taks) I could think
about taking maintaining over.

--
Cu,
Robert