[Goodies-dev] [Wavelan] compile error

James Westby jw+xfce at jameswestby.net
Mon Jan 8 00:12:33 CET 2007

On (07/01/07 23:57), Maximilian Schleiss wrote:
> The message disappeared but the compiling still stops with this error
> but that could be related to something else, maybe my xubuntu setup...

I don't see that here, and I'm on Debian, so it shouldn't be that
different. I assume you are just doing a simple compile from a checkout.
Do you have any options/patches in use?

> In file included from wi_linux.c:42:
> /usr/include/linux/wireless.h:646: error: expected
> specifier-qualifier-list before ‘__s32’

This does use the kernel's typedefs for signed/unsigned sized types, so
I wonder if the compliler can't work out what they are. I don't know why
that would be different on your system either.

Have you previously compiled the plugin? I made the first changes today
for a while, so I might have broken something, but I'm not sure why.

Thanks,

James