[Goodies-dev] Corner plugin

Fabian Nowak timystery at arcor.de
Fri Jan 5 02:49:44 CET 2007

Hi all!

Today, I found the corner plugin at [1]. With the author being unwilling
to use other package formats than PKGBUILD and the plugin being nice,
but not in the xfce repository, I `wrapped' it into a autotool package
[2] ready for svn based upon the sensors-plugin package and also added
support for i18n and a german translation (-> advantage of GNU
autotools). As a result, `make rpm' does not work yet (at least on my
debian system) due to

$ rpmbuild -ta xfce4-corner-plugin-1.0.1.tar.gz
Error: Name field must be present in package: (main package)
Error: Version field must be present in package: (main package)
Error: Release field must be present in package: (main package)
Error: Summary field must be present in package: (main package)
Error: Group field must be present in package: (main package)
Error: License field must be present in package: (main package)
make: *** [rpm] Error 1

and some autotool-magician might want to find out, if it works on RPM
based distributions or if the scripts are outdated or whatever and might
also want to add support for debian-packages :)

I also packaged an archive for distribution and easy 3-way installation,
which is available under [3].

I think I would package the macmenu-plugin [4] tomorrow, if there is at
least some slight interest (though I won't test the plugin because of
the need for patching gtk).

Best regards, Fabian

[1] http://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?do_Details=1&ID=7127
[2]