[Goodies-dev] pyxfce

Martin Forsgren mk0foma at student.chalmers.se
Mon Dec 31 04:04:51 CET 2007

you could check out

http://code.google.com/p/pynetworkmanager/

but it's realy easy. Below is an example( that should work,
it's from the above link but with some stuff removed ).

For more window handling and gui stuff
(I haven't yet succeded) check out
import xfce4.util
import xfce4.netk
import xfce4.gui

Best regards,
  Martin

#!/usr/bin/env python
# -*- encoding: utf8

"""
xfce panel plugin
"""
# External libraries
import gtk							# use gtk-library
import xfce4.panel				# to create xfce4 panel plugin

# Button with status icon and menu plopping up on clicking it
button = gtk.Button( "HEJ" )
button.show()

# create an xfce panel plugin
plugin = xfce4.panel.Plugin()

plugin.add( button )

# Add right mouse button action
plugin.add_action_widget( button )

# Show plugin
plugin.show()

# Close plugin on destroy
plugin.connect("destroy", gtk.main_quit )

# Ready. Start plugin
gtk.main()