[Goodies-dev] ANN: ristretto version 0.0.1 released

Stephan Arts stephan at xfce.org
Mon Aug 27 00:57:20 CEST 2007

On 8/26/07, Kok, Auke <sofar at foo-projects.org> wrote:
> psybsd at gmail.com wrote:
> > I am pleased to announce the first official release of Ristretto.
> > It is an image-viewer with xfce-integration.
> >
> > Ristretto 0.0.1
> >
> > Have fun with it :-)
>
> some comments:
>
> Why two toolbars? there are only 7 icons... I fail to see why you should
> sacrifice so much lateral space, after all the idea is to show as much image as
> possible (it's an image viewer, duh). You can just group the icons in one of the
> toolbars and remove the other
>
> Scrolling the icons is very odd. I can't keep the arrows pressed down to keep
> scrolling it

Nice feature, could you submit a feature-request for it? Otherwise I
might forget again. (I have thought about this earlier, but it must
have slipped my mind)

> Mouse scrollwheel doesn't advance/backtrack through the images. This is
> something I would expect the viewer to do. (some people prefer zooming in/out
> with the scrollwheel, which is arguably nicer)

Should be fixed in svn, mouse scrollwheel used on the thumbnail-viewer
will advance / backtrack. (r3082)

> space/bacspace doesn't advance/backtrack between images

Fixed in svn (r3082)

> left/right/up/down doesn't move zoomed in images

This will be added together with moving by dragging the image around.

> some thumbnails do not show up when opening a new folder. The area is partially
> gray and stays that way until I scroll/click on the gray area.

This is a more complicated bug, I thought I fixed it. But apparently not.

> continuously clicking the 'left' arrow in the icon bar makes it become gray
> again too.

Fixed in svn (r3082)

> when opening a folder, a random picture from the folder is shown, but it's not
> the first image in the folder.

Fixed in svn (r3082)

> The images are not rotated according to the EXIF information (no biggie, this is
> proably a bit more complex :))

Yeah, not really sure yet how to do that, it will eventually make it
into ristretto, but not right a way.

> Cheers,
>
> Auke

Thanks,