[Goodies-dev] ANN: xfce4-places-plugin version v0.2.0 released

Harold Aling h.aling at home.nl
Sun Apr 22 13:07:29 CEST 2007

ongardie at gmail.com wrote:
> Announcing version 0.2 of the xfce4-places-plugin.
>
> The Places plugin is a menu which provides access to folders, documents,
> and removable media. Version 0.2 brings a huge number of improvements.
> Here are the details:
>
>  * Support for volumes (removable media)
>   - Adds Thunar VFS dependency
>  * Support for recent documents
>   - Only available when compiled with GTK v2.10 or greater
>  * Now has 35 translations, taken from Thunar and gnome-panel.
>  * Rewritten view based on xfdesktop's menu
>   - No more arrow button
>   - Added "Places" tooltip
>  * Rewritten .gtk-bookmarks parsing based on Thunar's parser
>   - Improves consistency with Thunar
>   - Avoids potential bugs
>  * Many bug fixes
>   - #3028: Places button activated when dragged away
>   - #3029: Places ignores orientation-changed
>   - #3030: Places shows missing menu items
>   - #3124: Auto-hidden panel hides on plugin activation
>
> I'll be updating the project website momentarily with a new description,
> screenshots, and a download link. As always, thank you for your interest
> in my plugin, and thanks to all the other developers that helped make
> this release possible.
>
> Diego Ongaro
Congratulations, Diego!

Although this plugin really wants to change the way I work nogmally, I
really like it! Especially the 'Recent Documents'...

Maybe an idea for the future: Add the right-click options to removable
media to have easy access to 'unmount' or 'eject' options. (makes the
volman-plugin somewhat obsolete)

Loving it!

-H-