[Goodies-dev] Smart panel plugin (new)

Anders F Björklund afb at algonet.se
Tue Apr 3 22:44:57 CEST 2007

Hi,
After switching from GNOME to Xfce and Yum to Smart on Fedora
(for memory reasons, but I was pleasantly surprised by 4.4.0!),
I found myself missing the notices I got from Pup and Puplet...

And since I couldn't find any similar project already existing,
I started out fresh with the xfce4-sample-plugin and some other
code and it didn't take long to get something working together.

I've now refined this plugin a little, and wondered it you want
to include it in the Xfce Goodies and am requesting some feedback.
Code and details at http://www.algonet.se/~afb/xfce/#smart-plugin

It's been tested OK on Fedora 7 Test 3 and Xubuntu Feisty Beta.
--anders

PS.
Smart is a package manager that handles RPM/DEB/tgz (smartpm.org)