[Goodies-dev] cellmodem plugin (preliminary) available

Álvaro Lopes alvieboy at alvie.com
Tue Sep 26 12:44:01 CEST 2006

Hello guys,

I just committed the first (*very preliminary*) version of cellmodem plug-in to SVN. I've included a "testing driver" which simulates a real cellular modem.

There are still some issues, namely:

- No full support to change orientation (lazy I am),
- "Ask for PIN" callback is being called twice when the applet is launched,
- I rewrote the registration stuff, so the LED might not always show the correct status,
- The tooltip is not yet being updated when the registration is in progress.

Anyway, feel free to take a look and test it.

I also would need your opinion on how to debug the beast. I'm currently using syslog to do it. I'm not used to glib/gtk approach.

I hope this applet will be useful for others, as it is for me.

Cheers,

Álvaro.

DISCLAIMER: This message may contain confidential information or privileged material and is intended only for the individual(s) named. If you are not a named addressee and mistakenly received this message you should not copy or otherwise disseminate it: please delete this e-mail from your system and notify the sender immediately. E-mail transmissions are not guaranteed to be secure or error-free as information could be intercepted, corrupted, lost, destroyed, arrive late or incomplete or contain viruses. Therefore, the sender does not accept liability for any errors or omissions in the contents of this message that arise as a result of e-mail transmissions. Please request a hard copy version if verification is required. Critical Software, SA.