[Goodies-dev] [Ann] xfce4-dict-plugin 0.1.0

Remco den Breeje remco at sx.mine.nu
Wed Sep 20 15:54:01 CEST 2006

Hi,

After testing this plugin for a few minutes, I have some remarks:

First of all, the plugins 'hangs' while searching the db. This can be
solved by making a thread that does the actual searching. (i.e. your
browser doesn't 'hang' while loading a page) You should be able to
cancel your query by closing the search window.

Secondly, I think it would be nice to remember the last x dictionaries
in the properties-window. A possible solution would be to add the used
dictionaries to the dictionary combo-box

Another problem I encountered is that the plugin sometimes fail to
display the result. i.e. when I search for 'shrug' in the eng-nld dict,
the status-bar tells me that 1 definition is found, but the main window
displays none..

Thanks,

Remco den Breeje