[Goodies-dev] howto begin as newbee

James Westby jw+xfce at jameswestby.net
Sat Sep 2 21:03:15 CEST 2006

On (02/09/06 10:29), Martin Forsgren wrote:
> Hej hej!
> I am trying to make a new wavelan-plugin. To bad I need to
> remake my perl-version to C++ to make it as a panel.
>
> However my first problem is sadly enought I cant compile any
> existing plugin. (thinking modifying an existing would be easier).
>
> My problem by compilation is that it requires xfce4-panel-1.0 >= 4.0.0.
> What does this mean. I have xfce4-panel-dev installed.
> I guess it can have something to do with pkgconfig, but I dont
> have a clue even where to start reading about it.
>
> Running debian test. Installed
> xfce4-panel-dev(4.3.90.2-3) and xfce4-dev-tools(4.3.90.lsvn-r21976-1)
> and downloaded the plugins from subversion.

With 4.3.something the .pc file chaged from xfce4-panel-1.0 to
libxfce4panel-1.0. It sounds like you are targeting the wrong version.
dpkg -L xfce4-panel-dev | grep pc will show you what you have.

I have been doing some work on the existing wavelan plugin. I'm not
quite sure what you are aiming for, or whether it fits in with the
existing plugin, but would you be interested in talking to me about
modifying the existing plugin to do what you want. If not then I might
be able to help you anyway.

James

[Benedikt - I tried to email you off list a couple of weeks ago about the
plugin, and I didn't receive a response, did you get my mail?]