[Goodies-dev] Problem with french translation and encoding

Juju jujucece at gmail.com
Fri Oct 13 08:17:42 CEST 2006

Hi,

I've recently added the French translation into the genmon-plugin,
creating the fr.po file and adding fr to the configure.ac file.

When I install the plugin, the language is taken into account (the
plugin name in the right click menu becomes "Moniteur Générique").

But, when I go to the configuration Menu, I see that characters like
é, à are replaced by ?.

The fr.po file seems OK, it is encoded in UTF-8 like the others .po.

The problem doesn't come from my machine, because when I compile and
install, for example, the battery plugin, the french special
characters are OK.

There's probably a problem of encoding but I don't know where...

Have you got an idea ?

Thanks in advance,
Juju