[Goodies-dev] XKB Layout Switcher

lists_mk at wujiman.net lists_mk at wujiman.net
Wed Jun 14 11:35:49 CEST 2006

On Wed, Jun 14, 2006 at 02:21:39AM -0700, Thomas Mettler wrote:
> It would be nice to be able to define a keyboard shortcut for switching between the different layouts instead of having to click on the icon everytime.

xkb plugin supposedly depends on X configuration. this is my config:

Section "InputDevice"
    Identifier      "Keyboard"
    Driver          "keyboard"
    Option          "CoreKeyboard"
    Option          "XkbRules"      "xfree86"
    Option          "XkbModel"      "pc105"
    Option          "XkbLayout"     "us,cz"
    Option          "XkbOptions"    "grp:sclk_toggle,grp_led:scroll"
EndSection

it'd defined for english and czech layouts.

grp:sclk_toggle sets shortcut for switching layout to scroll lock. if you dig
through xkb configs(/etc/X11/xkb,/usr/share/X11/xkb), you'll find a config
with all the possible shortcuts you can use.

grp_led:scroll ligths up scroll led when i switch to the alternative layout

hope this is what you wanted.
mk