ANNOUNCE: thunar 1.5.0 released
nick at xfce.org
Sun Oct 14 15:04:29 CEST 2012
thunar 1.5.0 is now available for download from
SHA1 checksum: 41b06652f9a6bdca601c8b96965b1be712d075f6
MD5 checksum: b219735c643d9b16c7ed913c40d36785
What is thunar?
Thunar is a new modern file manager for the Xfce Desktop Environment.
It has been designed from the ground up to be fast and easy-to-use. Its
user interface is clean and intuitive, and does not include any
confusing or useless options. Thunar is fast and responsive with a good
start up time and directory load time. Thunar is accessible using
Assistive Technologies and is fully standards compliant.
Release notes for 1.5.0
[Please note that this is a development release.]
First development release of Thunar 1.6. A lot of bugs have been
resolved in this release including some long wanted features like file
properties for multiple files selections, support for remote mounts and
bookmarks, a new shiny shortcuts sidepane and improved transfer dialog.
Other interesting highlights are:
- Add support for multiple selections in file preferences dialog.
- Depend on Gtk 2.24 and Glib 2.30.
- Implement selection inversion.
- Improve refresh feedback when using dnd between 2 windows.
- Resize rename dialog based on filename length (bug #7684).
- Force bulk renamer when Shift is pressed (bug #7684).
- Add a sentence case rename mode to sbr.
- Regenerate thumbnails on file changes (bug #8473).
- Hide recommended applications that are not visible (bug #9169).
- Sort recommended applications (bug #8927).
- Use system-file-manager icon-name in desktop file (bug #9128).
- Check mime type in desktop files in the sendto menu (bug #7392).
- Improvement in the file progress dialog.
- Show full template filename in menu (bug #6140).
- Store metadata (emblems) in GVFS's daemon.
- Use Path from desktop file as CWD (bug #5760).
- Add working directory entry to apr (bug #5760).
- Add hidden option to show full path in window title (bug #6412).
- Unset DBUS variables once registered (bug #8800).
- Only collect image data if the mime-type is image/* (bug #2913).
- Don't copy templates but create them (bug #8312).
- Add menu item to hide the menu bar.
- Improve statusbar selection text (bug #8989).
- Don't allow starting multiple daemons (bug #3814).
- Make massing plugin warnings non-fatal (bug #2604).
- Show transfer rate in transfer dialog (bug #8250).
- Check free space before copying (bug #5658).
- Port settings to xfconf.
- Handle null content-types when sorting (bug #8465).
- Scroll to first file with pattern select.
- Add secure desktop file launching (bug #5012).
- Use g_utf8_collate_key_for_filename for sorting (bug #7110).
- Only deep-count on the same filesystem.
- Don't force scrolling to the window edge.
- Translation updates: Amharic, Arabic, Asturian, Belarusian,
Bengali, Catalan (Valencian), Czech, Danish, German, Dzongkha, Greek,
English (United Kingdom), Esperanto, Spanish (Castilian), Estonian,
Basque, Finnish, French, Galician, Hebrew, Croatian, Hungarian,
Indonesian, Icelandic, Italian, Japanese, Georgian, Kazakh, Korean,
Kurdish, Lithuanian, Latvian, Macedonian, Norwegian Bokmal, Dutch
(Flemish), Norwegian Nynorsk, Panjabi (Punjabi), Polish, Portuguese,
Portuguese (Brazilian), Romanian, Russian, Sinhala, Slovak, Albanian,
Serbian, Swedish, Telugu, Turkish, Uyghur, Ukrainian, Urdu, Urdu
(Pakistan), Vietnamese, Chinese (China), Chinese (Taiwan).
More information about the Xfce-announce